GPdrums || Marathon Drummer

Running While Ill

Posted in Marathon Training by gpdrums on December 28, 2008

The head-cold got the best of me. I did not complete my run on Saturday, but I’ll get back on track tomorrow. I had mixed emotions about not completing my run Saturday. On one hand, the cold was 90% above the neck; on the other hand, the 10% below the neck was too risky. I feel a lot better today, and I can’t wait to get back on the trail.

Update: It’s after 10 p.m. and I’m so excited to run in the morning that I can’t sleep. What does one do?

Advertisements

One Response

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. Jill Will Run said, on December 28, 2008 at 7:44 pm

    It’s always hard to know when you should or shouldn’t run. Even if you are sick and KNOW it would be in your best interest to skip the run, there is always that nagging undercurrent of uncertainty (or even guilt) about missing a workout. But I think it’s good that you passed on Saturday’s run and are actually excited to get back out there instead of nursing your health even more! 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: